11.08.2012

Not moving to NOLA, but definitely moving on

So, I have successfully survived my October breakdown. In hindsight, it wasn't really that bad. It never is. Just a few bad days. But during...it was horrible. There are times when the demands of single motherhood (without close family around) just push me from the positive to the negative side of my bi-polar disorder. It's generally a 98%/2% situation, but that 2% can be pretty heavy. I can't help but wonder what life would be like with my mother around. I mean, she was a early childhood education EXPERT. For reals.

I saw my therapist last week. I only see her about twice a year. I tend to call her when things get rough, but her schedule is so tight that I usually don't get in for two weeks. By then, I am pretty well through the rough patch and back on track. She said something interesting to me though...she said these twice-a-year bouts (is that spelled right?) of depression usually lead to a fairly transformative life experience for me. Interesting.

Holla to my friends and family once again. Man, I seriously don't know how I got so lucky. My dad, sis, and group of girlfriends immediately rally and help me get back on track. They offer to babysit, bring food, etc. Thank you, my amazing friends. I love you more than I could ever say.

One last thing...I ALMOST survived this election cycle without talking politics with anyone. I avoided regular TV and social media during this election cycle because it just gets me upset. I did end of having a rather civilized exchange with my conservative BFF. I think it's safe to say we're never going to think the same way politically, but we do on so many other levels. I love you, girl. You're wrong, but I love you. Haha.

YAY for Obama!


Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment